Here is the recipe for making a Simple Cauliflower Curry with a nice thick gravy. You can have this Cauliflower Masala Gravy with Rotis.
- Cauliflower florets – separated from 1 medium sized cauliflower
- Sliced Onions – 1 medium
- Chopped Tomatoes – 1 medium
- Cinnamon (Patta) – 1″ piece
- Cloves (Grambu) – 2
- Fennel Seeds (Perum Jeerakam) – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Chicken Masala Powder – 2 tbsp
- Chilly Powder – 2 tsp (alter according to your spice tolerance)
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick pan. Saute cinnamon, cloves, and fennel seeds for 2 minutes.
- Add onions and saute till the onions are translucent.
- Throw in the chopped tomatoes and saute till the tomatoes are cooked thoroughly.
- Add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 2 tbsp chicken masala powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp chilly powder and 1 tbsp coriander powder. Saute for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Meanwhile, clean the cauliflower florets by soaking it in warm water mixed for around 5 minutes. Wash and drain the water and keep the florets aside.
- Grind the onion tomato mixture to a coarse paste.
- Heat a pan and transfer the onion tomato paste to the pan along with 1 cup water and salt to taste.
- Add the cauliflower florets and saute for 5 minutes so that the spice masala gravy gets coated on the florets.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for around 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- When the cauliflower pieces are cooked, open the pan and saute for a few more minutes so that the gravy becomes thick.