Green tomatoes (Pacha Thakkalli) make a delicious saute with onions. It is an excellent side dish for lunch. I was trying out Green Tomatoes for the first time and we liked it a lot. My mom used to make a thoran with Pacha Thakkali and it used to be equally delicious. Here is my recipe for Sauteed Green Tomatoes or Pacha Thakkali Mezhkkupuratti.
- Diced Green Tomatoes – 3 medium
- Finely Chopped Onions – 2 medium
- Chopped Garlic – 3 cloves
- Slit Green Chillies – 4
- Curry Leaves – A sprig
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin (Jeerakam) Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Sambar Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add onions, green chillies, garlic and curry leaves. Saute till the onions are translucent.
- Add turmeric, cumin and sambar powder and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the chopped green tomatoes. Sprinkle salt, cover and cook on medium low heat for around 10-12 minutes.
- When the tomatoes become soft and cooked, remove lid and increase heat. Saute for another 3-4 minutes till the water is almost evaporated.
- Serve this delicious tangy sauteed green tomatoes with rice.
Kreativ Blogger Award
Next, it’s Award Time…
Mythreyi has awarded me the Kreativ Blogger Award and I am very happy. Thank you so much for the award !!!
The Kreative Blogger Award comes with some rules :-
- You must thank the person who has given you the award.
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
- Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other Kreativ bloggers.
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
Here are 7 things about me :
- I am based out of Charlotte, North Carolina – a very beautiful place specially during Fall.
- My husband has been my inspiration for starting my websites.
- I love web site designing and of course cooking.
- Photography is a passion for me and I am working on improving that.
- Eating Out is another interesting thing which we do often.
- I love traveling and we make it a point to visit atleast 1 beautiful place in a month. Visit www.jishajim.com to see our photos.
- I am a catholic by faith and do check out my other website www.lordcalls.com
I would like to pass on this award to the following 7 Bloggers :-