I had some Whipping Cream lying around in my fridge and wanted to finish it. I used it to make a mild and creamy Cauliflower Curry. The smooth, creamy gravy tasted great and we had it with Chappathis. Whenever you want to prepare a mild Indian curry for your Guests, you can try out this Creamy Cauliflower Curry which has the taste and aroma of Indian spices and is yet mild.
- Cauliflower Florets – separated from 1 big Cauliflower
- Sliced Onions – 1 medium
- Roughly Chopped Tomatoes – 1 big
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Chicken Masala Powder – 1 tbsp
- Fresh Home Made Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder -1 tsp
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Heavy Whipping Cream – 1 Cup
Method of preparation
- Wash and drain the cauliflower florets and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan or kadai and add 2 tbsp oil. Saute the sliced onions until translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes along with salt to taste and cook until soft.
- Reduce heat and add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add 1 tsp fresh garam masala powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp chicken masala powder, 1 tsp chilly powder and 1 tsp coriander powder. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets along with 1/2 cup water and mix everything well. Cover the pan and cook for around 10-15 minutes on medium-high heat.
- When the cauliflower florets are half cooked, reduce heat to medium-low and add whipping cream. Simmer for another 10 minutes until the gravy is thick.
- Serve this creamy cauliflower curry with Rotis.
I randomly came across this site and while going through your recipes, i came across this one as that day i had cauliflower at home. Along with cauliflower, added carrots and instead of the whipping cream added milk ( i’m a health conscious person). I served this curry with chappattis. My hubby loved it. And even i liked the curry so much. It’s a very tasty recipe. Kudos…to you. I’m a total non-veg foodie. But after making this curry i realised even vegetable curries could be really tasty. I’ll be making more of your recipes. Thank you for this yummy recipe.