My husband grills the best burgers I have ever eaten. I am not all that good when it comes to grilling burgers. I would like to share a few tips for grilling juicy and tasty burgers. We use a Stove Top Cast Iron Grill Pan and the burgers taste great. You definitely don’t need expensive Indoor or Outdoor Grills to make good burgers. A simple Cast Iron Grill Pan does the trick.
Before placing the patties on the grill pan, make sure the pan has been heated thoroughly. Lightly coat the grill pan with cooking spray. Always grill your patties on medium heat. If you grill on high heat, the meat will become dry and burnt. Beef will let out it’s own juices so you never have to use cooking spray in between. We cook our patties till they are well done.
For those of you who are new to the World of Burgers, a Hamburger (or burger for short) is a sandwich consisting of a cooked patty of ground meat, (usually beef, but occasionally pork, chicken, turkey, or a combination of meats) placed between two buns. Hamburgers are often served with lettuce, bacon, tomato, onion, pickles, cheese and condiments such as mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup and relish. A Cheeseburger is nothing but a hamburger with cheese on top. Hamburger patties can be cooked rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, or well done. These terms refer to how thoroughly the meat is cooked.
- All Beef patties – 2
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Onion Powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Cheese – 2 slices (optional)
- Hamburger Buns – 2
- Cooking Spray
- Heat a cast iron stove top grill pan on medium high heat.
- When the pan is sizzling hot, coat it thoroughly with cooking spray.
- Place the patties on the hot grill pan and reduce heat to medium. You don’t want your burgers to burn or dry out.
- Season the patties with salt, pepper and onion powder (optional).
- Do not flip the burgers unnecessarily. Wait till you find juices running clear on top of the patties (5-6 minutes approx).
- Flip the patties and continue grilling the other side until both sides are well done (grayish brown color).
- Do not be tempted to flip the burgers again and again or do not press them down with your spatula or it will end up sticking to the pan.
- If you want to make Cheeseburgers, then place the cheese on the burger patty just before you take it off from the grill pan, so that it melts slightly.
- Drain the grilled patties onto paper towels.
- Serve each burger patty on a bun garnished with your choice of ingredients.