I am not a fan of Cream of Tomato Soup. Whenever I go to any restaurant, I order Sweet Corn chicken Soup and it’s my all time favorite. I had some leftover Crushed Tomatoes and Whipping Cream after making Chicken Tikka Masala and decided to try a simple Tomato Soup. Surprisingly, it came out well and I enjoyed the soup probably because it was home made . Here is my version of Cream of Tomato Soup though it is not the actual recipe 🙂
- Crushed Tomatoes – 1 cup (Please use Skinless and Seedless Crushed Tomatoes)
- Water – 1 cup
- Onion Powder – 2 tsp
- Garlic Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper powder – to taste
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Whipping Cream – 1/4 cup
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add the crushed tomatoes.
- Pour water to the saucepan and stir carefully.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, red chilly powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir carefully and bring the soup to a slow boil.
- Reduce heat and add whipping cream.
- Stir gently and remove from stove top after a minute.
- Toast 2 slices of bread until firm. Dice the bread into cubes.
- Serve the hot soup with toasted bread crumbs.
- I have used Canned Crushed Tomatoes in this recipe which are readily available at most of the Grocery Stores in US.