On a lazy day, French Toast is usually my saver for Breakfast. I somehow dislike cereals and oats and can never have it for breakfast. Making any traditional Kerala breakfast is time consuming and so I reserve those for weekends. French toast is more commonly known as Bread Roast in Kerala.
Here is my recipe for moist and sweet French Toasts which can be made within 5-10 minutes. Check out the recipe for Eggless French Toasts here.
- Whole Wheat Bread – 2 to 3 slices
- Egg – 1
- Sugar -1 tbsp
- Milk – 1/3 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Beat the eggs along with milk, sugar and salt.
- Heat a non stick pan. You can apply a dab of butter if you want but I always skip the butter.
- Dip both sides of the bread in the beaten mixture and place it on the pan.
- The key to making moist French Toasts is buy dipping the bread thoroughly in the beaten mixture so that the bread absorbs the liquids.
- Fry for a few minutes till both sides brown.
- Serve these hot bread toasts along with a glass of milk.