Noodle is something which every kid loves and is one of my favorites too. I just love the Chinese Lo meins and Chopsueys. There are so many different types of Noodles available in the market like Hakka Noodles, Egg Noodles, Soft Noodles, Fried Noodles, Rice Noodles, Instant Noodles and so on.
Vegetable noodles are pretty easy to make. You just need to grab a few vegetables from your fridge – be it carrot, beans, cabbage or spring onions. The beautiful combination of colourful vegetables and noodles is so delectable. Here is my recipe for vegetarian noodles. This is my Entry to FIC Delectable Combinations – June , event created by Sunshine Mom.
- Any Noodles of your choice - 1 packet (1 lb approx)
- Onion, thinly sliced – 1
- Spring Onions, finely chopped – 1 Bunch (separate the greens and whites)
- Carrot, chopped lengthwise – 2
- Capsicum/Bell Peppers, chopped lengthwise – 1 medium
- Cabbage, thinly sliced – 1/2 cup
- French Beans, finely chopped – 1 cup
- Broccoli Florets – 2 cups
- Green Peas – 1/4 cup
- Oil/Butter – 2 tbsp
- Aji-no-moto (MSG) – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Red Chilli sauce – 2 tsp
- Pepper Powder – as required
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Salt – to taste
- Boil the Noodles with a little salt and 1 tsp oil, till it is almost cooked. Drain and allow it to cool.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil/butter in a pan and add onions and saute till translucent.
- Add carrots, beans, cabbage and the spring onion whites and stir fry for around 5-7 minutes till it almost cooked but crispy.
- Next, add half of the green spring onions, capsicum, green peas along with broccoli and stir for a few minutes. Add salt as required.
- Blend in soy sauce and chilly sauce.
- Stir in the cooked noodles and combine everything gently.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 tsp of sugar to balance the taste.
- Sprinkle a pinch of ajinomoto for more taste. (optional)
- Fry the noodles on medium-high for another 2 minutes. You can sprinkle some more pepper powder.
- Garnish with remaining green spring onions.