Here is my recipe for Okra and Potato Stir Fry (Vendakka Uralakizhangu Mezhkkupuratti). This combination of vendakka and potato was introduced to be by my mom and it tastes good.
SMALL payday loans VERY CHEAP
- Okra/Ladies Finger (Vendakka) – 1/2 lb
- Potato (sliced into 1 inch long pieces ) – 1 medium
- Sliced Onion – 1 big
- Sliced Green Chillies – 2
- Curry Leaves – A sprig
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Wash the okra and dry them with a towel. Slit the okra into 4 and cut into 1″ long pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add onions and saute till translucent.
- Add curry leaves and green chillies and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped ladies finger along with salt and combine everything.
- Stir fry for 5 minutes so that the okra starts losing its stickiness.
- Next, add the diced potatoes and mix everything.
- Add 1/4 tsp turmeric and 1 tsp chilly powder and saute for a minute.
- Cook for around 10-12 minutes on low flame till done. It’s best not to cover the ladies finger while cooking since it can become soggy.
- Serve the mezhkkupuratti with rice.