Keema is the Hindi name for minced meat. It can me minced beef, lamb or pork. It is very tasty and can be used for making curry, stir fry, samosa etc. Here is the recipe for making Minced Meat Masala Stir Fry.
- Minced Meat (Beef or Pork) – 1 kg
- Meat Masala – 3 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 2 tsp
- Ginger Paste -1 tsp
- Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
- Onion (sliced) – 1 large
- Curry Leaves – A sprig
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – As required
- Wash the minced meat thoroughly and squeeze out excess water if any. You can add a pinch of turmeric while cleaning the minced meat.
- Roast 2 tbsp meat masala powder, 1 tbsp coriander powder and 1 tsp chilly powder on low flame.
- Marinate the ground meat with the above roasted masala powders, 1 tsp ginger paste, 1/2 tsp garlic paste, 1/2 tsp pepper and salt. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Pressure cook the marinated meat along with a little water on low flame for up to 2 whistles. You may have to cook it for more time, depending on the type of meat.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add onions and curry leaves and saute till the onions are translucent.
- Add 1 tsp chilly powder, 1 tbsp meat masala powder and fry for a minute.
- Add the cooked ground meat and stir well. You may want to drain off the excess oil and water from the pressure cooked meat before adding it to the wok.
- Cover and cook on low flame for another 10 minutes, till the masala is finely coated on the minced meat and the water has evaporated completely.
- Serve along with rice or chappathis.