I had Teriyaki sauce and few Hot Dogs lying around in the fridge. I decided to grill the hot dogs, basting it with teriyaki sauce. I prefer grilling hot dogs as they are lot more tastier than boiling or frying. I used my stove top grill pan for grilling these yummy hot dogs. Teriyaki sauce is a mixture of soy sauce, sugar, honey, ginger and other ingredients. It is commonly used in Japanese cuisine. Since Teriyaki sauce tends to be sweet, I spiced it up with chilly and black pepper powders.
If you need a change from plain hot dogs, try this recipe. I used fully cooked Hot Dogs (Chicken Franks). If you are using uncooked sausages like Bratwurst, you will have to grill each side for a longer time until it is thoroughly cooked.
- Pre-Coooked Hot Dogs – 6
- Teriyaki Sauce – 1/4 cup
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cooking Spray
- In a bowl, combine teriyaki sauce, ginger garlic paste, pepper powder and red chilly powder.
- Heat a grill pan thoroughly and coat it lightly with a cooking spray.
- Place the hot dogs on the heated grill pan and allow it to cook. Baste it with the marinade occasionally using a brush.
- Turn the hot dogs every 2-3 minutes and continue grilling, until grill marks appear on all sides.
- Serve these hot dogs on a hot dog bun along with any condiments of your choice.