I have tried Teriyaki chicken from Chinese and Japanese restaurants and have often like it. I was tempted to buy a bottle of Teriyaki Sauce after seeing it at the local grocery store, and I ended up buying it. I marinated some chicken pieces with Teriyaki Sauce and grilled it on my grilling pan. The end result was fantastic. The chicken glazed in teriyaki sauce and each bite tasted yummy. I had also grilled some vegetables along with the chicken and I was amazed how good the veggies tasted after grilling.
This recipe used minimal ingredients but grilling brought out all flavors from the chicken. Here is the recipe for easy Grilled Teriyaki Chicken. These chicken pieces serve as excellent appetizers. You can also prepare Teriyaki Sauce at home using Soy Sauce, Mirin (sweet rice wine) /sake and sugar.
- Boneless and Skinless Chicken Pieces – 1/2 lb
- Teriyaki Sauce – 3/4 cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Tomatoes (chopped into 2 or 3 pieces) – 2 medium
- Diced Bell Peppers – 1 small one
- Cleaned Mushrooms – 5 or 6 pieces
- Wash the chicken and cut it into bite sized pieces.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in teriyaki sauce and ginger-garlic paste and refrigerate it for 30 mins to 1 hr.
- Heat a grill pan and coat it with any cooking spray.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces on the grill pan along with tomatoes, mushrooms and bell peppers.
- Grill on medium heat for 10-15 minutes turning sides occasionally.
- While grilling, keep applying left over marinade on the chicken and veggies using a brush so that the chicken doesn’t become dry and hard.
- Serve it hot as an appetizer or as a dinner entree.