Here is the Recipe for an Easy to Prepare and Tasty Home Made Egg Fried Rice. This recipe serves 2 Adults. Your Kids are definitely going to ask for more !!!
- Long grain Basmati rice or any other Long Grain Rice – 1 cup
- Diced Onions – 1 medium
- Diced Carrots – 1 big
- French Beans, finely chopped – 8 to 10
- Eggs – 2
- Oil – 4 to 5 tbsp
- Aji-no-moto/MSG (optional) – 1/2 tsp
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Red Chilli/Chilly Garlic sauce – 2 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp + 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Boil the Basmati rice with a little salt and 1 tsp oil, till each grain is separate and almost cooked. Be careful not to overcook the rice. Drain excess water and allow it to cool completely. You can also refrigerate the rice to prevent it from breaking.
- Meanwhile, lightly beat the eggs with some salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Heat a non stick pan and add the beaten eggs. Cook the eggs, stirring continuosly, until they are lightly scrambled.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in another pan and add onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add all the vegetables and some salt and stir fry till it becomes tender but still crispy.
- Add Soy sauce, Chilly Sauce, ajinomoto, sugar and 1/2 tsp Pepper and saute the vegetables for a few more minutes. Keep it aside.
- Heat a big Non Stick Pan or wok and add 2 tbsp of oil.
- Add the rice and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Stir in the cooked vegetables, sauces and scrambled eggs. Combine the rice, egg and vegetables gently, till the rice is evenly coated with all the sauces.
- Sprinkle more pepper if required.
- The Fried Rice is ready to be served hot.