Here is an ultra simple recipe for Moru Curry (Seasoned Buttermilk Curry) made with Tomatoes. You don’t have to peel shallots or grate coconut for this recipe. It can be made in ten minutes and is a real time saver. This curry tastes excellent with Rice.
So go ahead and try out this simple and easy recipe for Tomato Moru Curry or Tomato Yogurt Curry.
- Yogurt – 3 cups
- Water – 1 cup
- Red Tomato – 1 big
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried Red Chillies – 2
- Slit Green Chillies – 3
- Cumin/Jeera Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek/Uluva Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves – A sprig
- Salt – to taste
- Dice tomatoes into medium sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Reduce heat and add red chillies, tomatoes, curry leaves and green chillies.
- Stir for a few minutes and allow the tomatoes to cook.
- Meanwhile blend Yogurt with 1 cup of water and keep aside.
- When the tomatoes are cooked, mash a few pieces and leave the rest as chunks.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, cumin and fenugreek powder.
- Stir for a few seconds and pour the blended yogurt in to the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium low and stir gently for 2-3 minutes. Do not allow the curry to boil.
- Remove from heat and serve this tasty Tomato Moru Curry with Rice.