Sweet Corn is such a filling snack. It can be boiled, steamed or grilled and seasoned with spices. I always buy fresh and frozen Corn Ears to satisfy my cravings. The ear is a collection of kernels on the cob. Corn on the Cob refers to cooked ear of corn. I microwave corn cobs when I am making 1 or 2 cobs just for the 2 of us. If you are preparing larger number of cobs, then you can boil it instead of microwaving.
These cooked corn cobs are so sweet, juicy & yummy. You can season it with butter, salt, pepper, salsa or any other ingredient. Sweet Corn is also known as Indian Corn, Sugar Corn, Pole Corn etc. One Ear of Corn can contain around 100-150 calories depending on its size.
- Corn Ears – 2 medium ones (Fresh/Frozen)
- Water – as needed
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Salsa – 2 tbsp
- Divide each corn ear into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Place the corn cobs in a bowl. Add a few tablespoons of water to the bowl.
- Cover lightly with a lid and microwave the corn cobs for 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Drain the water and pat dry the corn cobs with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper. Spread salsa liberally on each piece.
- Serve it as a snack to satisfy your cravings.