I love scrambled eggs. I often make Scrambled Eggs (Burji/Mutta Chikkiyathu) along with sausages, veggies and so on. Though it’s tasty, it isn’t soft and creamy like the ones we get in restaurants. I was determined to find out the secret behind those soft & yummy scrambled eggs. To my surprise, I found out that Soft & Fluffy Scrambled Eggs are made by adding milk, cream, cheese and so on. The eggs have to be cooked on low heat for a longer time. Well, most of us scramble our eggs quickly on medium-high heat. So patience is the key to soft, fluffy and creamy scrambled eggs. 🙂
The simplest Creamy Scrambled Eggs can be made with just one extra ingredient which is always there in our fridge – Milk. I know “Milk” may sound strange but believe me, when milk is combined with eggs, the result is eggstraordinary. You will love these scrambled eggs and will definitely want to make it daily for breakfast.
If you are in a hurry, you can always cook your eggs on a higher heat. It won’t take more than a minute or 2 to scramble your eggs on a higher heat, but they won’t be creamy like the ones in the first picture. The below picture shows eggs which were quickly scrambled on medium-high heat. They were good but not as tasty as the Soft & Creamy scrambled eggs in the first picture.
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Cooking Spray
- Beat the eggs and milk in a bowl until well combined.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium-low heat and coat it lightly with cooking spray.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and allow it to set for 30 seconds.
- Start stirring the eggs continuously, so that it doesn’t stick to the pan and become dry.
- Make sure that the temperature is on medium-low or else the eggs will dry out.
- Keep on stirring and remove the eggs from the pan when they are almost set but still creamy and little runny. It will take atleast 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. You can serve this as a sandwich any time of the day.