Sometimes you get bored with Boiled Eggs, Omelettes, Scrambled Eggs, Egg Burji and so on. That’s when you wish you had something else to eat for Breakfast or Lunch. Egg is so versatile. You can add egg to almost any dish and it will completely transform the dish.
Here is a recipe for a healthy dish using Eggs and Spinach.
- Chopped Spinach (fresh/frozen) – 1 cup
- Chopped Onions – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Salt – As required
- Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Wash the spinach well and chop it into fine pieces. I use chopped frozen spinach when I don’t have time.
- Heat oil in a non stick skillet and saute onions till translucent.
- Add the chopped spinach along with some salt and saute for 5 -6 minutes till the spinach becomes soft and cooked. Add a little bit of water while the spinach is cooking to keep the mixture moist.
- Whisk 2 eggs in a large bowl together with salt, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder. 1/4 tsp chilly powder and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and stir and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve this scrmabled egg and spinach for breakfast or lunch.
If you like coconut, you can make an Egg Spinach / Mutta Cheera Thoran by adding 1/2 cup of grated coconut along with the spinach in Step 3. Adding Coconut enhances the flavor and aroma.