After coming to US, I had a strong aversion to Tex-Mex and Mexican food, mainly because of the use of Beans in many dishes. I slowly started liking it after having Chicken Chalupas and Quesadillas which luckily had no beans. If you have a few ingredients like Cooked Chicken Breasts or Sausages, you can easily make Tacos at home. I make these Sausage Tacos for breakfast or brunch. They are so yummy and filling. You don’t have to worry about packaged Taco Seasoning because the ingredients for Taco Seasoning are normally chilly, onion, garlic , cumin, black pepper etc. and most of these ingredients are always there in our pantries.
I have used Pork Sausages in this recipe. You can use Beef or Pork Sausages.
- Flour Tortillas – 6
- Sausage Links – 4 (I used Frozen Sausage links)
- Diced Tomatoes – 1 medium
- Onion Powder – 1 tsp
- Garlic Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp (Alternatively, you can use 1/2 tbsp of Mexican Red Chili Sauce)
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat a non stick pan and cook the sausage links for around 5-7 minutes turning occasionally, until browned on each side.
- Drain the browned sausages onto paper towels. Dice it into bite sized pieces. You can also mince it in a food processor.
- Mix mayonnaise, black pepper powder, red chilly sauce, onion powder, garlic powder and cumin powder in a bowl.
- Add tomatoes and sausages along with salt to taste and toss everything together.
- Heat a non stick pan and cook each tortilla for a few minutes until softened and golden brown spots start appearing. Flip and cook the other side and remove to a plate.
- Spoon the mixture into each tortilla and roll up.
- You can also add other ingredients like shredded lettuce and grated cheese to suit your taste.