It may be one of those days when you hardly have time to prepare lunch. You may want to prepare some super quick side dish for lunch. Well, don’t worry! You can prepare this Sausage crumble stir fry in less than twenty minutes. I have prepared this Stir Fry in the same way we make Erachi Ulathiyathu in Kerala. You can use any sausage patties for this recipe – be it veggie sausage patties, beef, chicken or pork. You can serve this Sausage Stir Fry or Ulathiyathu with Rice. Kids are definitely going to love this. This is also an excellent starter to go with Drinks.
- Sausage Patties – 3 (Fully Cooked or Uncooked)
- Finely diced Onions – 1 medium
- Curry Leaves – A sprig
- Slit Green Chillies – 2
- Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chicken Masala/Meat Masala Powder – 1 tbsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- If the sausage patties are uncooked, then cook it according to the instructions on the package (grilling, pan frying, baking etc).
- If the patties are fully cooked and frozen, then microwave it or heat it on a skillet.
- Place the cooked patties on a paper towel and drain excess oil.
- Slice each patty into small pieces or you can crumble it with your hand.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick pan and saute onions until translucent.
- Add curry leaves and green chillies to the pan and continue sauteing.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, chicken masala powder and pepper powder and saute for a minute.
- Add the sausage crumbles to the pan and mix everything.
- Stir fry on medium heat for another 5-6 minutes.
- Serve these Sausage Ulathiyathu (Stir Fry) with Rice.