When you are trying to eat healthy, you are always on the lookout for healthy snacks. These oven roasted carrot sticks are all that I can ask for when those snack cravings hit me. They are super easy to make and taste out of this world. Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of vegetables. It makes everything taste so flavorful.
Who needs French Fries or other deep fried snacks when you have these Healthy Carrot Sticks.
I was in a hurry to take a picture so that I could dive right into these yummy carrots. They are irrestible. Yes, I managed to share it with my husband! He thought these were Baked Sweet Potatoes. They kind of taste similar but I like these far better than sweet potatoes.
- Carrots – 4 big ones
- Olive or Coconut Oil – 1.5 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Peel and wash the carrots. Cut each carrot approximately into 2″ long strips of around 1/2″ thickness. If the strips are thin, they will burn quickly.
- Toss the strips in oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange them in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Bake the carrots for 18-20 minutes, making sure to toss the tray after 10 minutes to avoid the carrots sticking to the pan.
- Serve immediately.