Here is my recipe for an easy Onion Chutney with coconut. This tastes excellent with Dosa, Idli etc.
- Sliced Onions – 1 large
- Dried Red Chillies – 3
- Crushed Garlic – 2 cloves
- Grated Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Shredded Coconut – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Curry Leaves – A few
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok or kadai.
- Add onions and dried red chillies and saute till the onions are translucent.
- Add the crushed garlic cloves, grated ginger and curry leaves and saute for a few minutes.
- Add salt and cook till the onions are soft and cooked.
- Allow everything to cool and then grind everything into a fine paste along with shredded coconut and very little water.
- Serve this tasty onion chutney along with Dosha or Idli.