Here is another Tea Time Snack from God’s Own country Kerala. Mutta Kuzhalappam or Madakku San is an easy tea time snack. It is also lovingly known as Love Letter Thin Crepes are made from a loose batter and then filled with coconut and rolled to make Love Letters. Try out this recipe whenever you want a change from the deep fried oily snacks.
- All Purpose Flour/Maida – 1.5 cups
- Water – 2 cups approx (You can also substitute water with Milk)
- Egg – 1
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt – A pinch
For the Filling
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1.5 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mix the ingredients for filling thoroughly and keep aside.
- Prepare a loose batter using all the above mentioned ingredients. If the batter is thick, add more water/milk.
- Heat a non stick tava/griddle and pour ladle full of batter on to the tava.
- Spread the batter so as to make a very thin crepe.
- When one side is cooked (1-2 minutes), flip it over and cook for another minute until golden brown. If you want it more crisp, wait for one more minute so that brown spots start appearing.
- Remove the crepe and place it on a plate. Spoon the filling and place it on the center of the crepe and spread it slightly. (Around 3 tbsp of filling for each crepe.)
- Fold the crepe to make Madakku San or Coconut Filled Crepes.