I have been blogging a lot of recipes with Sausages recently. Well, I tend to experiment with the readily available sausages like Hot Dogs, Franks, Sausage Patties, Salami, Bologna and so on. Here is another recipe using Sausage Patties or Links. You can use Chicken, Beef, Pork or Vegan Sausages for this recipe. This Minced Sausage Fry is very tasty and can be used as a filling for sandwiches or tacos. You can also have it as a side dish with Rice and Rotis. I have used Beef Sausage Links for this recipe.
- Finely Diced Onions – 1 small
- Finely Diced Tomatoes – 1 small
- Cooked or Uncooked Sausages (Patties/Links) – 3 or 4 pieces (4 oz approx)
- Chicken or Meat Masala Powder – 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Fry the sausages in a skillet according to the instructions on the packet. Drain onto paper towels.
- Mince the fried sausages using a food chopper/ processor and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan.
- Dice Onions finely in a Food Chopper and add it to the pan. Saute until translucent.
- Dice Tomatoes finely using Food Chopper and add it to the pan.
- Saute for around 5-7 minutes until the tomatoes are cooked thoroughly.
- Throw in the minced sausages to the pan and stir fry for a minute.
- Add 1 tbsp meat masala powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Saute everything for around 5 minutes.
- Serve these Minced Sausages on a Sandwich or Tortilla (Mexican Flat Bread).