After my success with Microwave Apple Cracker Dessert, I decided to try Apple & Bread this time. I haven’t used eggs in this recipe so it isn’t a regular pudding. Nevertheless, it is an easy to prepare and yummy dish for breakfast or as a quick dessert. If you use eggs, then it is definitely going to be a pudding.
- Bread – 5 slices (White or Wheat)
- Apples (Peeled & Diced) – 2 Nos. (I used Golden Delicious Apples)
- Raisins – A handful (Optional)
- Milk – 1.5 to 2 cups (Skim Milk is fine)
- Brown Sugar – 4 tbsp (Alter according to your desired sweetness)
- Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Crushed Honey Roasted Peanuts – A handful
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- In a microwave safe dish, melt the butter by heating it for half a minute or so.
- In another bowl, whisk the milk, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla essence and cinnamon powder.
- Remove the edges from the bread and cube it roughly.
- Spread the bread, raisins (optional) and apple at the bottom of the greased microwave safe dish.
- Pour the milk mixture and allow the bread to soak in for a few minutes.
- Microwave the dish for around 6 minutes checking every 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the crushed peanuts and continue microwaving for another 3-4 minutes until the pudding appears set.
- Allow it to stand for 5 minutes and then serve with Whipped Topping.
- Alternatively, you can steam the pudding for around 15 minutes or until set. The texture will be slightly different from the microwaved version.