It’s summer and Mango is abundant in the markets. After Mango Sherbet, here is a simple Mango Pudding which can be made with a few ingredients. This is a wonderful no-bake dessert which can be made easily. This Mango Pudding is so light and refreshing.
The picture was taken in a hurry and doesn’t do justice to this wonderful dessert. I know it looks like egg yolk but trust me, it is mango pulp!
- Mango Pulp – 1 cup (I used Sweetened Canned Mango Pulp)
- Whole Milk – 2 cups
- Gelatin – 1 packet (7g/1 tbsp approx)
- Sugar – 4 tbsp (Alter according to desired sweetness)
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Take 2 tbsp water in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatin. Allow it to stand for 2 minutes so that it blooms and becomes thick.
- Combine milk, cardamom and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add gelatin and whisk until it dissolves completely. Do not boil the milk.
- Remove from heat and allow the milk to cool.
- Blend the mango pulp and cooled milk thoroughly until combined.
- Pour into dessert bowls and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Before serving, top each bowl with a teaspoon of mango pulp or fresh mango slices.
- You can also puree ripe mangoes in a food processor or mixie until smooth to get mango puree. Strain the puree to remove any fiber and solids.
- Instead of Whole Milk, you can also use Evaporated Milk, Condensed Milk, Whipping Cream and so on for a creamier pudding.
- Make sure the pudding is sweet enough before you leave it for setting.