My husband loves mangoes in any form. One fine day while browsing through the grocery aisle, he found a Can of Alphonso Mango Pulp and couldn’t resist the urge to buy it. After relishing almost half can of Mango Pulp, I decided to try out some Mango Pancakes with the remaining pulp. These Pancakes looked and tasted great. So here’s an easy recipe for Mango Pancakes which all mango lovers should try.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
- All Purpose Flour – 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Alphonso Mango Pulp – 3/4 to 1 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon/Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Butter – as required
- Combine wheat flour, all purpose flour, sugar, cardamom/cinnamon powder and baking powder in a bowl.
- Pour milk and mango pulp and mix well to form a smooth batter without lumps. Do not over mix the batter. Keep the batter aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non stick griddle, skillet or flat pan and smear butter if required.
- Pour around 1/2 cup of batter on to the griddle. Do not spread.
- Cook on medium low heat for around 3-4 minutes until one side is done. You will see small bubbles appearing on top of the pancake when the first side is done. Flip over and cook the other side for another minute or two.
- You can have these golden brown mango pancakes without any syrup as they are sweet. But you may go ahead and top it with Maple Syrup, Chocolate Syrup or any Syrup of your choice.
- You can increase the quantity of Mango Pulp and decrease Milk for a stronger Mango flavor.