Here is the recipe for a simple Kerala Style Baked Fish. I bake fish these days in my Convection Oven so that I can avoid frying it in oil. You can bake any fish like Tilapia, Salmon, Mahi Mahi and so on.
- Fish Fillets – 2 medium (I used Tilapia Fillets)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Paprika/Kashmiri Chilly Powder – 2 tsp (Alter according to your spice tolerance)
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fish Masala Powder – 1 tbsp (Optional) – I used Eastern Fish Masala Powder
- Ginger Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Make a marinade using the above ingredients and apply it on the fish fillets. Refrigerate it for atleast one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F (200 degree Celsius). Line a baking pan with Aluminum Foil and spray some cooking oil.
- Place the fish fillets on the pan and bake uncovered for around 15 minutes. Turn the fillets carefully and bake for another10-20 minutes depending on how crisp you want your fish to be.
- Be careful not to bake it for too long or else it will become dry.
- Make sure the fish fillets are not thin or else they will end up breaking or getting dried.
- You can also use 1 tbsp of Fresh Ginger Garlic Paste instead of Ginger & Garlic powders.