Most of us are addicted to all sort of Instant Noodles like Cup Noodles, Bowl Noodles and Packet Noodles. While these instant noodles may not be the healthiest option, it sure makes up a quick lunch, dinner or snack. I make instant noodles only when I have nothing else in my pantry. My husband somehow hates most of the instant varieties. So I usually add a few veggies and an egg to it.
Here is a quick recipe for Instant Noodles with Veggies and Egg.
- Instant Noodles – 2 packets (Any flavor)
- Broccoli florets – 6-8 (fresh or frozen)
- Finely Diced Carrots – 1 large
- Finely Diced Onions – 1 small
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Tomato Sauce – 2 tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Finely dice onions and carrots in a food processor.
- In a saucepan, heat half the amount of water required for cooking the noodles. (Be careful with the amount of water. If you add too much water, the noodles will become mushy.)
- Add carrots and onions to the saucepan along with the instant noodle seasonings.
- Cook the vegetables for around 5-7 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the pan and continue cooking on medium heat.
- When the noodles become 3/4th cooked, add the broccoli florets to the pan along with tomato sauce.
- Mix everything and continue cooking until all water has evaporated. Keep aside.
- Beat the egg with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in another non stick pan and scramble the egg nicely.
- Add the cooked noodles and veggies to this pan and mix everything well.
- Remove from heat after 2 minutes.