What do you do on cold, rainy days? I prefer making some soup in my crockpot and then lazying around with a book. I love slow cooker (crockpot) recipes. They are so easy and convenient. Assemble a few ingredients, turn on your crockpot and you are free to do anything else while your meal gets ready.
Here is a yummy Fish Soup made in a crockpot. Now dear readers, if you dread adding fish to your soup, let me tell you – be courageous and take a bold step! Fish Soup doesn’t taste bad! You can use any mild tasting, white fish for your soup. I have used Tilapia in my soup and I loved it.
This is an awesome healthy meal, good for you on any day. I have become addicted to this soup. It is so simple and tasty.
- Fresh or Frozen Tilapia Fillets – 2 nos
- Roughly Diced Red Onions – 1 medium
- Minced Garlic – 2 cloves
- Chopped Cabbage – 2 cups
- Diced Celery – 1/2 cup
- Diced Carrots – 1 cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Water – 3 to 4 cups
- Dried Parsley Flakes – 2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – as needed
- Salt – to taste
- Fish Sauce – 2 tsp
- Heavy Whipping Cream – 1/2 cup (optional)
- Wash the tilapia fillets and cube it into small pieces.
- Chop all the vegetables into bite sized pieces. Add the fish, garlic and vegetables to your slow cooker.
- Pour atleast 3 cups of water. Add 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar, 2 tsp of fish sauce, parsley flakes, pepper and salt to taste.
- Cover and simmer on high for 3 hours. Stir everything occasionally.
- If you like your soup creamy, add 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream during the last ten minutes.