Here is another recipe using Chicken Franks or Sausages or Hot Dogs. Your kids will definitely love this Hot Dog Curry. You can try this recipe with any sausage – chicken, beef, pork, turkey, vegan sausage and so on. I have used Hot Dogs for this recipe. Go ahead and try this Indian Hot Dog Masala.
- Chicken Franks/Sausages/Hot Dogs – 6 Nos
- Sliced Onion – 1 medium
- Chopped Tomatoes – 1 medium
- Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
- Chilly Powder – 1 tsp (Alter according to your Spice Tolerance)
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Chicken Masala Powder – 1 tbsp (I use store bought Eastern or Nirapara brands)
- Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Curry Leaves – A sprig
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – As required
- Boil the hot dog /chicken sausages for around 5-8 minutes. Drain the water and cut it into medium sized round pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions and saute till translucent.
- Add 1 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste and curry leaves and saute for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes along with salt and stir till the tomatoes are mashed well.
- Now add 1 tsp chilly powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tbsp chicken masala powder and stir for a few minutes till the oil separates from the masala. Add 1/2 cup water and mix well to form a gravy.
- Add the chicken sausage slices and mix well. Sprinkle some pepper powder. Cover and cook for around 7-8 minutes so that the gravy is coated on the chicken franks.
- You can use any store bought chicken Masala Powder or you can prepare it at home. Brands like Eastern, Saras, Melam, Priyom, Niraprara etc. are good. Click here for Home Made Chicken Masala Powder ingredients.