One evening, I was craving hot Chicken Soup. I had a can of Cream Style Golden Corn and went ahead and made a Chicken & Corn Soup. We enjoyed this soup though my favorite Soup is the classic Sweet Corn Chicken Soup.
- Chicken Breast – 1
- Finely Diced Onions – 1 medium
- Cream Style Golden Corn – 1 can (14 oz approx)
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Soy Sauce – 1 to 2 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 to 2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt – to taste
- Corn Starch/Flour – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Water – as needed
- Wash the chicken breast and cut it into very small pieces.
- Apply salt, garlic powder and black pepper on the chicken pieces.
- Pressure cook the chicken and onions in 3 to 4 cups of water for around 10 minutes. This will make the chicken tender.
- Allow the pressure to subside. Open the pan and add cream style golden corn. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add Soy Sauce, Vinegar & Sugar (optional). Simmer for a few more minutes. Do a taste test and adjust the seasonings.
- If you want to thicken your soup, dissolve a tablespoon of Corn Starch in half cup of water and stir it slowly into the soup. I usually avoid this step.
- Enjoy your steaming Chicken & Corn Soup.