I like the sweet taste of Beetroot. I love the Beetroot Thoran which my Mom used to make when I was a kid. I also love Beetroot Pickles which were served for Kerala Syrian Christian Weddings.
For the Health Freaks, here is a simple recipe for Baked Beetroots. Beetroot is healthy and contains lot of vitamins and minerals but some doctors warn people who have high Blood Sugar levels from eating it.
- Beetroot sliced into thin pieces – 3 large
- Chopped Garlic – 3 cloves
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – As required
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Olive Oil – 1/2 tsp
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Wash the beetroot and peel the skin. Slice it into thin pieces.
- Crush the garlic pods and mix with the beetroot pieces.
- Rub salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil on the beetroot pieces and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes. Allow it to cool.
Serve this as a snack or as a healthy side for lunch.