After Apple Waffles, it’s time for some Apple Pancakes. I prefer Healthy Pancakes made using Whole Wheat Flour. As I use a non stick pan for making pancakes, I skip the butter. These Pancakes taste delicious and your kids will love these Apple Pancakes even if they hate fruits. I never add eggs to my Pancakes and they still taste yummy. So go ahead and try these Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes for a quick Breakfast.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
- All Purpose Flour – 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Peeled and Grated/Shredded Apple – 1 medium (I used sweet Red apples)
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Vegetable Oil – 1 tbsp
- Combine wheat flour, all purpose flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add shredded apples and cinnamon powder. Pour milk and vegetable oil.
- Mix well so that no lumps are formed. Do not over mix the batter. Keep the batter aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non stick griddle, skillet or flat pan and smear butter if required. I never use butter for my pancakes.
- Pour around 1/2 cup of batter on to the griddle. Do not spread.
- Cook on medium heat until one side is done. You will see small bubbles appearing on top when the first side is done. Flip over and cook the other side for another minute or two.
- You can have these golden brown apple pancakes without any syrup but you may go ahead and top it up with Maple Syrup, Chocolate Syrup and so on.