I wanted to bake Banana Bread from a long time but I would always find some excuse and postpone it. Last weekend, I saw a few ripe bananas starting to turn black and my hubby darling wouldn’t care to eat it. So, I went online and searched for Banana Bread recipes and the first recipe I found online was from Elise at Simply Recipes.
It looked really simple and I decided to give it a try. I didn’t have baking soda and all purpose flour. So I used self rising flour and the result was simply yummy. It was a super moist Banana Bread or Cake or whatever.
You can refer Simply Recipes for the original recipe. Thank you Elise for such a nice recipe. I will no longer have to throw my ripe bananas… Here is my version for Banana Bread with a few changes:
- Ripe Bananas – 2 long ones
- Self Rising Flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Melted Butter – 1/3 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup (This was really sweet for our taste buds. You can increase or decease according to your liking)
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Mash the bananas well and mix with the melted butter.
- Combine sugar, beaten egg and vanilla essence using a wooden spatula.
- Add the self rising flour and combine everything well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Pour mixture into an 8 X 4 or 9 X 5 inch buttered loaf pan. I used a 9 X 5 pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Allow it to cool before slicing.