I am here with another lovely Breakfast Waffle. If you have apples lying around, then you can shred those into your waffle mix and bake some yummy waffles. Though I get attracted to the nice shiny apples which I see at grocery stores, after I buy them, I have a hard time finishing it. These days I have started making Apple Chips, Apple Pancakes, Apple Waffles and so on. 🙂
Apple Cinnamon Waffles are really tasty and the smell of cinnamon is so refreshing. I have fallen in love with these lovely Waffles. I use Whole Wheat Flour along with All Purpose Flour so that it becomes more healthy. You can shred the apples using a hand grater. Once the waffles are baked, you will hardly recognize the taste of soft apple filling inside. My husband was surprised when I told him that it was shredded apple. This is a healthy breakfast specially for kids who are reluctant to take fruits.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Peeled and Grated/Shredded Apple – 1 medium (I used sweet Red apples)
- Egg – 1
- Milk – 1 cup
- Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Vegetable Oil – 2 tbsp
- Beat the egg in a bowl until thick. Add milk, vanilla and vegetable oil to the bowl and beat everything thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine wheat flour, all purpose flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Sift the powders into the beaten egg & milk mixture. Add shredded apples and mix well so that no lumps are formed. Do not over mix.
- Bake these waffles according to the instructions of your Waffle Maker.
- You can have these yummy waffles without any syrup but you may go ahead and top it up with Maple Syrup, Chocolate Syrup and so on.